Wednesday, October 5, 2022

For The Archives -- Nothing About The Bakken -- The Good Life -- October 5, 2022

If you don't like to read about grandparents having a great time with their grandchildren, do not read this post.

In fact, there's no reason to read this post at all. It's for the archives, although there might be some "marketing" pointers everyone can use. 

Granddaughter Sophia had a half-day of school today, released just before noon: teacher conferences. 

Whoo-hoo.

Sophia suggested a picnic in the park, so we put together a picnic lunch and headed for the park. The park is a small green space surrounded by upscale restaurants and an outdoor mall. 


Surprise, surprise! She found her friends here.

I sat on a park bench, and lo and behold, a neighboring restaurant offered free wi-fi. 

Whoo-hoo!

I told Sophia I was headed for The Thirsty Lion for a drink and she could join me when/if she wanted.

Because things are slow this time of day, the restaurant has no trouble with me staying as long as I want and letting Sophia come back and forth to the outdoor patio as much as she wants. She and her friends are playing cornhole on the dining patio, and playing soccer and doing gymnastics in the park. 

Sophia has ordered one of those huge pretzels she will share with her friends.

Meanwhile, I'm sipping an old-fashioned, blogging, watching the news, and sports on their big screen. 

The interesting thing is this: I would not be here if it weren't for the free wi-fi. 

It was free in the park. Absolutely free.

But I felt guilty using their wi-fi and not "paying" them for it. Some folks might understand.

So, I came over, found the manager and told her that the only reason I'm here to order an expensive cocktail is because of the free wi-fi they provide anyone who even comes close to the restaurant. 


Her friends have left, winding down, with cold Texas water and a huge pretzel. Life is good.

Posed / publicity / file photo:


Photo by Sophia taken with an Apple iPad Pro.

No comments:

Post a Comment