Sunday, August 28, 2022

What A Great Sunday Night -- August 28, 2022

Updates

Later, 12:50 a.m. CT, the next morning, Monday: "streaming" is absolutely amazing. Not only am I able to watch the fourth round of the PGA tournament again but I am able to back it up whenever I want -- and how far back I want to back it up -- to replay any part of the fourth round of the tournament. It's very obvious why "streaming" has now outpaced "cable." It's just a matter of time before "network" is history. Already, today, there are reports that NBC might cut as much as 33% of its network prime-time lineup.

Later, 10:05 p.m. CT: wow, wow, wow --- again. I saw the first half of the final round of the PGA golf tournament earlier today but then went swimming with Sophia and missed the best part. 

But now, thanks to "streaming," see below -- I can watch the entire round again, for free, on the "Golf Channel" at no extra cost with subscription to Hulu. 

This will be awesome.  The Scheffler shuffle.

Original Post 

Wow, wow, wow.

What a great weekend -- better said, Sunday -- for the Roman circus.

First, we had the weather-delayed Dayton Coca-Cola 400 or whatever they've renamed it. Austin Dillon wins, as he should have. Yes, there's a story there.

Then, perhaps the most thrilling PGA golf tournament in some time -- and Rory McIlroy won, as he should have.

And now, back-to-back, on TCM, two Hitchcock classics, "North By Northwest" and  then "Suspicion." 

And if not interested in the latter, something lighter, "Houseboat."

Later, tonight, the latest installment of "Focus on Fracking." 

And, a group of flight attendants are hosting / holding a pool party this evening in our apartment complex.

My wife it out of town for a month.

What a great country. 

*****************************
Speaking of Television

Did you all hear that NBC may cut 33% of its prime time lineup? Link here: https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2022/08/28/biden-recession-nbc-may-cut-33-of-primetime-programming-to-save-money/. 

I had to look. Google NBC lineup tonight:

  • "America's Got Talent"
  • "Local News"

I think one can link the NBC announcement to cut programming with the Jay Powell "pain" speech. CEOs are starting to get religion.

A couple of data points.

Streaming is now "bigger" than "cable television.

I can't name any of the NBC "prime time" lineup.

I am aware of the NBC news division but never watch NBC news; and except for sports, never watch network television. I doubt I am alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment