Friday, August 19, 2022

OXY, Buffett, Energy, And The ND Legacy Fund -- August 19, 2022

NFL: lots of pre-season NFL tonight and tomorrow. 

There is way too much energy news today. It will be difficult to wait until September to add to my positions. I am fully invested right now and my next investing tranch is scheduled for the first week of September.

I'm taking a break.

In the meantime, one may find it valuable to google buffett OXY news.

I may come back later but I doubt it. I will post the end-of-day report and the top stories of the week, but that's it.

Quickies: what I learned today --

  • energy investing: stay the course;
  • along with Warren Buffett continuing to build his position in OXY,
    • someone is (some ones are) building positions in DVN.
  • the Dems will hold the US House and the US Senate in the fall elections.

US crude oil in storage, excluding SPR: 26.2 days. Trending toward historical norm but anything above 21 days is too much. Link here.

Meanwhile, North Dakota Legacy Fund deposits for August, 2022, have posted.

Link here.

This would be the highest amount deposited, going all the way back to December, 2014.


I would assume this number correlates directly with what small mom-and-pop Bakken mineral holders will receive this month. 

Oh, by the way, on December 31, 2014, there were 170 active rigs in North Dakota. Today, there are 39, according to Baker Hughes, or 46, according to the ND state regulator. Let's go with 39. 

39 / 170 = about 20% in round numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment