Friday, August 5, 2022

Jobs -- August 5, 2022

Post-Pelosi: China will end climate change initiatives. Consider that another win.

Gasoline demand: link here.  

  • then explain:
    • gasoline under $4.00 / gallon and dropping fast;
    • WTI below $90 and dropping fast;
    • US refiners operating at a very low capacity; trending toward 90% of their operating capacity; lowest in the last few years;

It's all about jobs today. But once the numbers come out, traders will forget about them in less than a nano-second. Trust me. See if anyone is talking about jobs on Monday. Link here.

  • some say the unemployment drop to 3.5% is a record low. I don't know.
  • July nonfarm payrolls: 528,000 vs 250,000 forecast
  • and there are still a gazillion "now hiring" signs / "signing" bonuses;

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site.  Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here. Full disclaimer at tabbed link.

All my posts are done quickly: there will be content and typographical errors. If anything on any of my posts is important to you, go to the source. If/when I find typographical / content errors, I will correct them.

Currently I am on the road: my notes will be less frequent, perhaps shorter. I will not get to my e-mail as often and I will not be able to post comments as often or in a timely manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment