Friday, July 22, 2022

Putin Telephones Prince MBS Right After Biden Departs -- July 22, 2022

Somewhat unprecedented, apparently. 

Normally Prince MBS telephones Putin, not the other way around.

Disclaimer: I may have the story backward, who called whom, but the point remains valid regardless.

Apparently not about global oil, per se, but continued cooperation in all matters geopolitical.

I doubt Putin was calling for more oil. 

We may get links later, but I doubt it.

This is of interest to me because I never did get back to "one of the most perplexing stories ever." 

Maybe I'll finish that story this weekend. 

Sometimes I wait to complete those stories for a reason.

Today: Putin slashes key interest rate by 150 basis points. Link here. SHOCK MOVE. The US quibbles over 25, 50, 75 basis points. Do we hear one hundred. Putin goes full Monty with 150 basis points. But cuts.

Speaks volumes. Confirms my earlier thoughts about "most perplexing energy story."

The dots are starting to connect.

No comments:

Post a Comment