Friday, June 10, 2022

Odds And Ends -- Part 1 -- June 10, 2022

Investing: for the record, I increased by TSM holdings this morning by 34%. My heirs will never, never ask what I paid for these shares. They will simply be thrilled TSM is in the portfolio thirty years from now.

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site.  Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.

All my posts are done quickly: there will be content and typographical errors. If anything on any of my posts is important to you, go to the source. If/when I find typographical / content errors, I will correct them. 

*************************
Clearing Out The In-Box

Upwardly mobile, link here. Stand-alone post later.

Tweets you wish you never tweeted, link here. From ZeroHedge.

PGA suspension, link here to The WSJ. Lawsuits won't go anywhere. 

Mileage rates increased by IRS, link to The WSJ. Unusual mid-year move. For final six months of 2022: 62.5 cents / mile, up from 58.5 cents a mile, which itself was a 2.5 cent increase from 2021.

Smart guy: a minor DC bureaucrat controls the US. Link to The WSJ. Quick: what agency does Rohit Chopra head? Who appointed him? And who made his agency possible?

Gin: I've never seen either.

  • Miles: British, comes in a plastic bottle; recommended by "neighbor"; VP of a Fortune 500 company.
  • The Botanist: Islay Dry Gin; clever ad on television

*******************************
Wedgewood, Lladro and A Sophia

Only one is priceless.

2 comments: