Thursday, June 2, 2022

Beating A Dead Horse, But Let's See How This Works -- June 2, 2022

Going through my checklist, I see ISO-NY has Long Island already at $100 / MWh, and it's only 8:30 in the morning. Strange.

I immediately go to ISO-NE and even stranger. Demand is mediocre, under 13K MW.

But electricity in ISO-NE is already yellow, sixth decile, over $120 across the region. What's up?

It's all about wind. This morning there is none.

Renewable energy which often provides upwards of 15% of the fuel mix is providing only 7%. And of the renewables, wind is only providing 1%. Wow. Almost half of the renewable fuel mix is "garbage." Literally "garbage" but they call is "refuse."

By the way, I assume electricity from garbage is achieved by burning it? Wood is also being burned, providing a quarter of the renewable energy mix.

It appears one-third of NE's nuclear energy is still off-line. I could be wrong on that. 



**********************
UK Wind

We see the same thing in the UK. Link here.

***********************
Brutal

Link here

*************************
In Dreams

I wish I could write. I seldom dream but last night I had two of the most interesting dreams I have ever had. One was so real, I thought it was real, if that makes sense. But one of the folks in the dream had died years ago, so couldn't be. The second dream was so amazing, even I have no idea from where it could have come. I may need to visit a fortune teller / palm reader / dream analyzer today to see about my summer travel plans. LOL. 

Somehow it's possible the dreams are related to the book I'm currently reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment