Thursday, June 2, 2022

Whiting With Two New Permits And Papa Gets A Haircut -- June 2, 2022

Refining margins: trending toward >$60 / bbl, WTI 3-2-1.

OPEC+: today was an upward (albeit minimal) quota adjustment; not a production adjustment. Huge difference.

"Go-broke" dates for Social Security, Medicare: delayed due to a stronger-than-expected economic recovery. Good news for all ages, from millennials to seniors. 

The annual Social Security and Medicare trustees report released Thursday says Social Security's trust fund will be unable to pay full benefits in 2035, instead of last year's estimate of 2034. The year before that it estimated an exhaustion date of 2035.

The projected depletion date for Medicare's trust fund for inpatient hospital care moved back two years to 2028 from last year's forecast of 2026.

Pretty much says it all, link here:

**********************
Back to the Bakken

WTI; $117.50

Active rigs: 40 or thereabouts.

Two new permits, #38991 - #38992, inclusive:

  • Operator: Whiting
  • Field: Sanish (Mountrail)
  • Comments:
    • Whiting has permits for two Bigfoot wells to be sited in SENE 26-153-92, 
      • one at 1376 FNL and 359 FEL, and onee 1346 FNL and 359 FEL;

One well was released from CONF status:

  • 38578, n/d, Slawson, Rainmaker Federal 8-25-36TFH, Big Bend, Mountrail.

****************************
Time For A Haircut

My last haircut from a professional was just before the lock down in March, 2020. I got my last professional haircut in late February or very, very early March, 2020.

Sophia started cutting my hair in 2020 when she was six years old. She continues to cut it. She will turn eight years old this summer.

Today's "clip" -- pun intended:

2 comments:

  1. I got a haircut every two weeks during covid. Not scared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! LOL. Sometimes when Sophia needed a bit of cash, she offered to cut my hair more than every two weeks. And neither of us were scared. When I told her not to cut my ears she said, "I'm a professional. I don't cut ears. I cut hair."

      Delete