Wednesday, June 1, 2022

US Recessions -- Is This Where We Are Today? June 1, 2022

I track the Vaca Muerta at the sidebar at the right

The giant gas reserve that could have eased today's crisis. Link to Tsvetana Paraskova

**********************
Poolside

The pool man -- Tyrone -- must have done his thing today -- I've never seen the water in the pool so clear. Wow.

***********************
Refining

Crude oil is the input.

Gasoline and diesel, among others "things," are the output from refineries.

All things being equal, the refiners should be doing really, really well tonight. Their "input" just dropped from $117 to $112. 

Link here, again. Second time tonight. Another open book test. 

***********************
Recessions In The US

"Everyone" is talking about "the recessions of the 1980s."

I was completely oblivious to those recessions. Prior to 1984 I was not an investor. I had more important things to do.

I had to re-acquaint myself with the recessions of the 1980's. From wiki:

Is this where we are today?

*******************************
Afternoon Rain

Wow, we needed this rain earlier this afternoon. Absolutely wonderful.

2 comments:

  1. I enlisted in 1978. Those two '80s recessions were direct result of the Carter Admin horrible policies. Reagan did more for my salary in his first 3 yrs than any other time in my 8 yrs total service time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember those days. I could tell horror stories during the Carter administration. Maybe later. Busy, busy, busy.

      Delete