Tuesday, May 3, 2022

US Shale With Plethora Of Problems -- David Messler -- May 3, 2022

Getting back to this story that was posted  late last night:

Another great article by David Messler. I'll link it now for night owls (is that not redundant), snowy owls and barn owls in time zones different than mine, and will come back to the article tomorrow. 

It's a great article, but I do have a pet peeve with one of the sub-themes. 

The article was very long; I scanned through it quickly. It came down to three issues:

  • rig count;
  • DUCs;
  • work force.

Of the three, rig count seemed to be the major theme, and in a sense all three were intertwined -- rig count, DUCs, and work force.

Working backwards, lack of work force --> unable to increase drilling rigs --> more reliance on DUCs. 

I was going to write more about this, including my pet peeve with articles like this, but I'm getting tired of this. It become tedious. I might come back to this. But not now. Too much to do.

********************
The Book Page

Christ of Saint John of the Cross.

Link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment