Thursday, May 12, 2022

Anyone Following The Baby Formula Story? May 12, 2022

Update

June 6, 2022: completely orchestrated by an out-of-control FDA. Link here. Note the basis on which the plant was shut down.

May 22, 2022: how serious this problem really is. Again, completely mismanaged.

May 14, 2022: black market opportunities --

May 14, 2022:

May 12, 2022: formula headlines --

May 12, 2022: when I saw this headline, I knew it was an orchestrated "shortage," an orchestrated crisis. If you doubt me, do the math.

May 12, 2022: Amazon

May 12, 2022: Target, local, a fake recall, an orchestrated "shortage"; an orchestrated crisis.




Later 10:47 p.m. CT: when one does the math and then reads the backstory, one can see that, yes, indeed, there was a shortage; the shortage was a non-problem until it became politicized by the GOP  / Breitbart  and then it became a problem. The problem will run its course in weeks, if not days. If one runs the numbers, one will know what I'm talking about.

Later, 5:21 p.m. CT: I think the "baby formula shortage" is being orchestrated. We'll talk about it later. Now to the pool with Sophia. But let the hoarding begin.

Original Post 

My not-ready-for-prime-time reply to a reader who sent me the original links.

My reply:
Thank you very much. I find this incredible.

Now, for investing, which companies are making all this formula?

Enfamil and Similac is where I would go first.

Enfamil: Mead Johnson

Similac: Abbott.

Wow, wow, wow.

Abbott is one of my favorites among the Buffett-like stocks. Mead Johnson, I know nothing.

Formula is not a one-time purchase. The US government is going to buy more and more baby formula going forward.

No press allowed at Biden baby formula meeting: Operation Breast Milk Substitute -- 

  • https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2022/05/12/report-no-press-allowed-at-biden-baby-formula-meeting/.

Apparently the US government is buying "pallets" of baby formula for southern surge:

  • https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/05/12/nolte-gop-rep-says-illegal-immigrants-receiving-pallets-baby-formula/. 

The source is not mainstream. Needs to be fact-checked.

One has to remember: ever since Sigma-6 and kaizen (think Toyota Motors) and Dr Deming, US manufacturers of "everything" look at a two-week window of storage. Any more than two weeks of storage of anything is not efficient. I think one can connect the dots from there. 

A huge thanks to the reader for alerting me to this very, very interesting story. Baby formula is an extremely small market, it doesn't take much to put it "out of whack." How small is it? Take a look around your house: how many babies do you have on formula?

"Southern Surge" is occasionally tracked here.

2 comments:

  1. It is the exact opposite. On every single issue these days it is the mainstream media that MUST be fact-checked. Then question your fact checker because they are likely in the same bowl as the media (Snopes and the like). It's time to wake up and smell the coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I'll get back to this one or not. Now that I've had a chance to sort things out, it is so politicized it has become another story not worth following. There is a "relative" shortage that will run its course in weeks, if not days. The turning point for me was how quickly right-wing US congressional reps turned this into " don't let a crisis go to waste." Something smelled very fishy. If one does the math ... I'll probably come back to this tomorrow. Kind of fascinating, actually, when one does the math.

      Delete