Sunday, April 3, 2022

The Sports Page -- April 3, 2022

Bryson's back yard.

Bryson DeChambeau is building a new house -- a McMansion -- in Grapevine, TX, just down the street from us. 

I noted he wasn't playing in the Valero Texas Open, TPC San Antonio, this weekend.

No one mentioned anything. 

Now I know. Both he and Rory McIlroy missed the cut.

McIlroy missed by two strokes to make the cut, and Bryson DeChambeau -- who may be suffering from a traumatic wrist injury -- carded a 5-over total  that had him near the bottom of the leaderboard through two days of his first stroke-play start on Tour since January.

Meanwhile on the split screen, I am also watching the NASCAR race -- Richmond, VA. Looks like beautiful weather. 

My wife is out of town but she would "kill me" if I bought another iMac desktop -- that would allow me four split screens at one time. LOL. I'm tempted. 

NCAA Women's basketball championship tonight.

NCAA Men's basketball championship tomorrow night. Speaking of which, any white kid ever hoping to play varsity basketball at UNC or Kansas, it ain't gonna happen. In fact, white boys playing high school basketball hoping to play in the NBA may want to go to Plan B. 

Master's: next week, or, I suppose, technically, this week. Tiger Woods, "game-time decision." Will play but will miss the cut.

6 comments:

  1. Live across the river from Augusta in North Augusta SC. Seems every convo here starts with, "Will Tiger play...?"

    Crazy couple of weeks around here. Equestrian events and polo tourney. Augusta this coming weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great life. Enjoy the week. Seriously. Be happy you (nor I) live in Washington (DC).

      Delete
  2. I've been inside the beltway didnt take before I was looking for nearest exit. What a zoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually stopped by federal law enforcement when I tried entering a no-entrance to the NSA. Seriously. LOL Easy mistake.

      Delete
  3. When I was in Army, circa 78-86, the big black glassed building at Ft Mead was know as No Such Agency.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In fact, I once had a book with that title in my gym locker while assigned to an intelligence branch in the USAF "associated" with the NSA. I read it while on the stationary bicycle.

      Delete