Monday, April 4, 2022

RMDs: The Rules Now -- April 4, 2022

 RMDs: link here.

Investopedia: the rules now.  

Too late for me, but this is interesting. One can disclaim an "inherited IRA." By doing so, the "inherited IRA" will pass to the next beneficiary (beneficiaries). My children are very likely in a lower income tax bracket, and if they disclaim the IRA, certainly their children are in a lower tax bracket, though those under the age of 14 years of age will be in the same tax bracket as their parents. Needs to be fact checked -- I'm not a financial-type person. Don't make any financial decisions based on what I post; if this is important to you, see the original source (the IRS) and talk with your financial consultant and tax preparer. Or just do what you want and wait for the audit, or not. 

**************************
The TV Page

I've started binge watching Cheers. 

From the internet today:

Right now you can watch Cheers on Hulu Plus or Paramount+. You are able to stream Cheers by renting or purchasing on Google Play, Vudu, iTunes, and Amazon Instant Video. 

I haven't watched "new" television in years so I can't compare the "old" with the "new" but I'm thinking Cheers may simply be the best of the "old."

Among the old, ranked in "my" order:

  • Cheers.  
  • 30 Rock. 
  • That 70s Show. 
  • Home Improvement. 
  • Frasier.
  • Seinfeld. 
  • Malcolm in The Middle. 
  • Arrested Development. 
  • Mash. 
  • The Big Bang Theory.  
  • Mary Tyler Moore.

That list is "difficult," comparing apples with oranges.

Perhaps two lists:

  • Cheers.

And then all the rest.

Rolling Stone: 100 best sitcoms. 

Wow, am I good or what? Whoo-hoo!

Rolling Stone ranked The Simpsons  #1 and Cheers #2. 

Can't disagree. But they are in two different categories.

Later: "The Best TV Show That's Ever Been" -- GQ -- September 27, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment