Sunday, January 30, 2022

Note To Mom-And-Pop Hess / Bruin Mineral Owners -- January 30, 2022

A reader sent me a note, suggesting I post this in case some mom-and-pop mineral owners missed it.

The reader noted that his/her most recent statement from HESS was less than usual. 

It turns out that Enerplus acquired Hess wells in Little Knife oil field, Dunn County (and maybe elsewhere) this past summer. Those wells are now "dropped" from Hess and will end up on Enerplus statements, if I have this correct.

As of November, 2021, these wells, according to the reader, were still showing up on their Hess statement, suggesting the transfer was not completed until recently. 

It's also possible, there could be a delay in Enerplus getting royalties out to mineral owners with regard to these wells during the transition.

Again, I have not confirmed this and I won't. This is just something the reader thought might be useful for mom-and-pop mineral owners who have Hess wells in Dunn County.

Along that same line, Enerplus also required Bruin assets last summer. I have no idea where that stands. 

Again, this is coming from a reader. 

If this is important to you do NOT rely on my blog. Go to the source. In this case: Hess, Enerplus, Bruin, and the NDIC scout tickets (which may or may not be current).

No comments:

Post a Comment