Saturday, July 31, 2021

Rambling On A Late Saturday Night While Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay

Of the many non-Bakken issues I touch on, there are two issues that I find a) most perplexing, and b) seem most generational (older folks like me think one thing; younger folks think otherwise).

The two non-Bakken issues I'm talking about:

  • EVs (electric vehicles); and,
  • Covid-19.

I'm actually fascinated by both issues and my feeling, opinions, thoughts can change, flip overnight.

It's become such a big issue for me -- these two issues -- that sometimes I think I need to dedicate two "new" blogs to these issues and not discuss them periodically on the Bakken blog, but I simply don't have enough time to do that.

Where I stand tonight on these two issues:

EVs:

  • the best I can say: automobile manufacturers are going to have a devil of a time threading this needle; making money while investing huge amounts of capital over the next several years;
  • what I really think: the numbers simply don't add up on so many levels; in other words, I won't see any significant EV penetration over the next ten years to make it more than a hobby horse among manufacturers and consumers.

Tonight, nothing anyone says can get me to change my mind on this one.

Covid-19:

  • the best I can say: I have to simply avoid the issue; it's no longer science;
  • what I really think: everybody will eventually test positive for Covid-19, vaccinated or unvaccinated.

There are two links regarding Covid-19 that prompted me to post this.

The first link sent to me by a reader.

The second link from twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment