Wednesday, June 16, 2021

And So It Goes -- June 16, 2021

I'm living in north Texas through some of this hot weather and we're doing just fine. In the big scheme of things, this is a minor irritation at best.

*************************
Autonomous Cars

On the way to the swimming pool tonight, Sophia told me -- she brought this up on her own; I have no idea what precipitated the conversation -- Sophia told me there were cars in Montana that you could program to drive to the nearest pizza "place" and pick up a pizza. You just "honked on the horn" and the car drove you there. You “didn't have to do a thing,” she said. 

I asked her if it was a Tesla. She said, "No it was a Volkswagen." 

I asked her how she knew these things. She said she saw it on an advertisement on YouTube. 

She said "they" must want you to buy one.

2 comments:

  1. Hate to argue with the kid, she is right on some many things. Unless there is proof, I highly doubt any delivery service is automated in Montana.
    Might remind her that driveways in the Big Sky can be a 1/4 long. Need full battery charge just for that.
    And then there us the snow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. You are so correct.

      I have so much fun with Sophia. I try to respond with open-ended comments to see what she will say next. It must just be amazing how six-year-olds see the world through their YouTube lenses.

      She will soon be seven years old.

      Delete