Monday, May 31, 2021

Targeted Ads -- May 31, 2021

I apologize for sounding like a broken record but the pandemic accordioned 2020 - 2035 into 2020 - 2025, if that makes sense. 

Slowly but surely we were all headed toward 2035 when the 2020 pandemic hit. 

That pandemic squeezed 2020 - 2035 to 2020 - 2025. 

Prior to 2021, I did most of my pharmacy shopping at Walgreens, in the store. But for the first time today, I ordered a Walgreens product on line. Obviously at some point I would be ordering pharmacy products on line but due to the pandemic, I am now ordering online as a general rule. It's an exception, except for fresh produce, to now order on line. I would have been doing that by 2035 regardless but because of the pandemic, I'm doing that in 2021. 

And, that, folks is becoming the norm across the US. 

On another note, I love "targeted" ads. I have no understanding why folks are upset with being tracked and being sent targeted ads. Why would I want ads for female hygiene products?

Had it not been for targeted ads, I would have missed this one. 

Randomly, I check Walgreens to see when Rogaine goes on sale. I knew that the current Walgreens Rogaine sale ended today, but I had forgotten. Walgreens, bless their heart, sent me an e-mail today reminding me that the sale was ending, but if I acted today, not only would I get the product on sale, but by ending a code, I would get an additional discount. 

A three-month supply of Rogaine is normally priced at $56. On sale, it sold for $44 today. And then, with the code, the price came down to $38. That's the best deal I've ever gotten on Rogaine. And only because Walgreens tracked my buying habits. 

On another note, I have no idea if Rogaine works. I've been using it for two decades and am happy with the results whether related to Rogaine or not. It's "designed" to be applied twice a day but I only use it once a day, extending a three-month supply to about five to six months. Whether it works or not, I will never know,  but at $50/50 days, I don't mind the dollar-a-day. 

I'm approaching my 70th birthday, I still require regular haircuts from Sophia.

No comments:

Post a Comment