Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Fergus Falls State Hospital -- Photographs -- Vern Whitten -- December 2, 2020

Some months ago Mr Vern Whitten sent me photos of Fergus Falls State Hospital ... photographed from the air. I was quite intrigued, to say the least. I read up on the hospital but then moved on. 

Tonight, of all things, more photos of the historic building, placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1986. Apparently Vern was as intrigued by the building as I was. But he was fortunate enough to be able to return and take photographs from the ground.

Vern sent me the link to his photos. Enjoy.

If you enjoy the photos as much I do/did -- consider sending a short holiday note to Mr Vern Whitten thanking him.

Vern Whitten Photography
www.vernwhittenphotography.com

(701) 261-7658

For newbies, Mr Vern Whitten has sent me countless photos of the Bakken over the years: from the early days of the boom to the build-out. Go to the Whitten tag at the bottom of the blog, or simply click on "Whitten." 

I think his Bakken photos are absolutely incredible. What an amazing photo-history.

**********************************
In The Bakken, All Roads Lead To Williston

One of Vern Whitten's photos that I really enjoy. This one brings back many, many memories of driving back to Williston, coming down Indian Hill, coming from the south of Williston, looking north toward the new bridge over the Missouri River just east of the confluence.

No comments:

Post a Comment