Monday, November 23, 2020

PSA: More And More Data Sites Are Optimized For Google's Browser: Chrome -- November 23, 2020

I'm posting this mostly to clear off my desktop. 

Link here.

My regional bank website is optimized for Google Chrome because its security features are not as robust as Safari. Seriously: tech support at the bank told me that when I was re-establishing my log-in password.

The ND site for quarterly lease sales is optimized for Google Chrome. 

I still prefer Firefox.

I almost never use Safari, but that may change. But, wow, Firefox works.

I never, never, never use Microsoft IE. I believe Microsoft's browser is now called Edge. 

**********************************
CDC: MMWR Update

For week ending November 14, 2020.

Outpatient:

  • influenza-like illness visits were the same as previous week: 1.5%
  • remains below the national baseline of 2.6%
  • Iowa, the lone state last week for increased activity, has now been removed
  • the entire country practically all green (good)

Mortality:

  • 10.7% of deaths were attributed to pneumonia, influenza, or Chinese flu: this is above the threshold of 62%; the majority of PIC deaths are due to Chinese flu.

Lab testing:

  • of 18,482 tests administered in that one week, all of 41 (0.2%) came back positive
    • influenza B: 61%
    • influenza A: 39%

Bottom line: yawn

No comments:

Post a Comment