Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Pfizer's Covid Vaccine Announcement -- Hmmm......November 11, 2020

Commentary: I heard the news on my drive back from Tucson, Arizona, to Dallas, on Sunday, November 8, 2020, on the radio, while searching for a station airing the championship NASCAR race. Despite all my efforts to avoid the news, I happened to catch the "press release" disguised as a news report. As I said on the blog Monday, "I'm not buying it." 

I'm not buying the story. 

[A digression: it was nice to this these statistics, something I've said numerous times; nice to see someone else saying it: vaccine effectiveness  -- 90% vs 44%. Link here.]

And now this over at twitter, link here

And then this:

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site.  Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.

By the way, speaking of the Chinese flu, this is an interesting graphic, provided by The WSJ. For the past several weeks the dark brown area has been "confined" to the northern tier counties in Montana and North Dakota along the US-Canadian border with some intermittent brown spreading into South Dakota. 

But look at how far the "brown" has spread -- pretty much covering all of "fly-over" country. Huge difference in just the past few days. 

By the way, North Dakota has broken into the "top ten" with number of deaths/capita. North Dakota now ranks #9. At the link, set your filter to "yesterday," and hit the "deaths/one million population" column. Technically North Dakota is #8, but the District of Columbia is included in the the list of 57 states. South Dakota, home of the infamous Sturgis Rally is ranked #23. 

And, oh, by the way, "weekly new cases/100,000": North Dakota is by far and away at the top of the list, with over 1200 new cases/100,000 on a rolling 7-day average compared to #2, South Dakota, at 956. 

For the record, I wear my mask almost religiously.

5 comments:

  1. I saw similar reaction to masks when I was traveling north from Dallas to Flathead Lake, MT, a few months ago. The rural areas in Colorado, Utah, Montana -- no masks.

    I should have clarified my "I wear my mask almost religiously." I go with the crowd: if "everyone" is wearing a mask, I wear a mask. If masks are not being worn, I do not wear a mask. I wear a mask for different reasons depending on the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Fauci was also involved in one of these covid stocks, did Fauci seel his??my wife wants to know.. don

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there were reports that Dr Faust was involved in a therapeutic drug for treating Covid-19 which was later said to be untrue.

      With regard to the vaccine:

      https://www.statesman.com/news/20200416/fact-check-does-anthony-fauci-have-millions-invested-in-coronavirus-vaccine.

      Much could be written, said about all of this.

      Delete
  3. seems to closely coincide with weather patterns i.e. getting back indoors.

    ReplyDelete