Friday, November 13, 2020

Fast And Furious -- Fifteen Minutes -- November 13, 2020

Top story: White Castle breaking ground on huge new restaurant. Wow, I love America. It's hard to believe but one of the first things I remember about Minnesota: White Castle. I forget but I must have been in college in Sioux Falls, SD, when we took a run to Minneapolis, MN, to get something to eat. I had no idea White Castle was still around. Good for them. What a great country.

Stimulus: Trump was looking for less than $1 trillion. Folks thought I was crazy suggesting $2 trillion. Well, here we go: $3.4 trillion. No links. Story everywhere. Remember: the Fed's Jay Powell has said the Fed has done all it can do with regard to "saving" the economy. Jay Powell says he needs help from Congress. There is no evidence of any inflation, some say (it depends where one looks, I say). Dollar seems to be doing fine. Canadian dollar has really bounced back (linked at sidebar at the right.)

Dow futures: up 240 points. Gee, I wonder if there is a connection?

RH: huge bet by Warren Buffett paying off. Link later, if I remember.

Turkey: pleads for F-35 deal with Trump before Biden takes office.

Vitol: signs Texas deal to convert used, waste tires to fuel.

Apple: more on the company's new chip.  We talked about this before. Will find the link later if I remember. Whatever. Here's a review/analysis by Yahoo!Finance technology editor. Re-reading this: big enough story to make it a stand-alone.

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site.  Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here. 

Biden lockdowns: gonna be tricky. Disney upset that parks are still closed in California. 

SRE: back in May, apparently it was trading as low at $86. Currently trading at $132. It's been as high as $160 in the past twelve months but I've always considered it a $124-stock. Pays 3%.

I better repeat this:

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site.  Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.

Big story today? Disney.

Can you say Webex? Cisco stock jumps on earnings beat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment