Monday, October 12, 2020

Two Old White Men Awarded The 2020 Nobel Economics Prize -- October 12, 2020

Link here. Not only are they old and white and male, they are American. Geez, can't any other demographic group compete? 

By the way, these are technically not "Nobel Prizes," but prizes in honor of Alfred Nobel. Whatever. 

Paul Milgrom, b. 1948, making him three years older than I am, and Sophia said to me the other day, "wow, you are old." I noted she was six and I was almost 70. I was more than 10x older than she. That's when it dawned on her how old I really am. LOL.

Paul Milgrom: professor at Stanford University, US.

Robert Butler ("Bob" to his friends) Wilson, Jr: b. 1937. Geez. He's even older, age 83. Wow. Also at Stanford University, but "emeritus."

It is interesting about the Nobel prizes. Heavily overweighted:

  • Americans
  • white
  • old
  • male
  • Jewish

Where's the call for diversity?  

****************************************
Social Distancing Since 2017

This is really good on so many levels.

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (Iron Butterfly); Sina

According to Sina:  

Featuring Christian Wolf, Andrei Cerbu and Rick Benbow. This is actually the most requested song on my channel but it was really hard to recreate, especially the organ parts, but also the vocals, bass and guitar bits. Without Rick, Andrei and Christian it would have been impossible to do. A big Thanks to everyone involved!

I'm hoping someone loops this for six hours and uploads it on YouTube.

I was thinking of doing "the best cover groups" but have decided to forego that for the moment. But Sina would be in the top ten, probably the top five, and most likely #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment