Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Slow Down, Take Some Deep Breaths -- August 18, 2020

I have to pause to take a breath; slow down. This is becoming overwhelming. 

First: I've solved the mystery of the EIA natural gas fill rate. No one may agree with me, but I know I'm correct. We all have our worldviews, and I have mine. Focus on Fracking probably solved the problem weeks ago. LOL. As noted years ago, I've never understood natural gas, but I think I'm getting a bit closer. I might come back to that graph later. The graph is quite educational. 

Second: A reader sent me a huge spreadsheet with the number of wells drilled, completed, and drilled/completed (DUCs) since 2013 in the shale basins across the earlier this evening. I posted a smaller version of that spreadsheet and will come back to it later. It's the first time I've had that much data for something I've talked about for quite some time but based on anecdotal data. I need to come back and re-iterate some points I've been making for years, but I won't get back to it for a few days.

Third: the S&P 500 hit an all-time closing record today. Of the three major indices, the S&P is #1 among equals. I don't care how the analysts spin it, that was a big, big deal. And futures suggest there is more room to run. 

I better put in the disclaimer now. 

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site.  Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.

Fourth: in today's NDIC daily activity report MRO reported four huge completed DUCs, and when one looked a bit more closely, there was actually a fifth monster well. See this post. It's now the featured post, linked at the sidebar at the right.

All I can say now is "thank goodness" for YouTube. I began with one of my favorite songs and now, non-stop, YouTube is playing a playlist that could be "my greatest hits" playlist. LOL. 

Slow down, take a breath. This is only Tuesday.

First:

Summertime Sadness, Lana Del Rey

Second:

Shadows In A Mirror, Chris Isaak
 

Third:
Dance Me To The End Of Love, Leonard Cohen

No comments:

Post a Comment