Thursday, June 25, 2020

Notes From All Over -- The Louisiana Blue Crab Edition -- June 25, 2020

I'm in a great mood, and that was before I looked at the market. LOL.

This morning I was not feeling well; something was bothering me. Perhaps it was the news cycle; I know. I didn't know then and I don't know now. But now, that's all behind me. I'm in a great mood.
I just got back from driving around with our older granddaughter; she takes her driver's test next week.
I was told about a new Cajun take-out / store in our area and we stopped by on the way home. It's about five minutes from where we live. It's the real deal. I bought some Louisiana coffee -- trying it for the first time now -- yes, it's the real deal. LOL.
I don't put milk in coffee but the makers of this coffee recommend it and obviously that's how the folks in New Orleans do it, so I will have to think about it. But probably not. We'll see.
On the way out of the store I talked with the husband / wife owner / manager. Not sure which was which. I think she is the brains behind their joint venture. He says she is the one from Louisiana. This could be the beginning of a great friendship. What was that last line in Casablanca?
Anyway, I'm having the coffee now, and saw the headline story about the poverty rate.

And that was just after my note about reparations. That really put me in a great mood. We are truly living in exciting times, when things could really change for the better for some. I can't say what I'm really thinking because I don't need the push-back and there are a thousand ways to skin a cat, as they say.

Then I looked at the market. Are you kidding me? So much to be said, but I won't.

But the Dow is up almost 300 points.

See graphics at this post.

Louisiana blue crabs. I know nothing about blue crabs, but the menu showed #1 and #2 blue crabs. So here we go. Link here.  Look at this:
Blue crabs are found from northern Massachusetts to northern Argentina and throughout the Gulf of Mexico. They inhabit estuarine and coastal waters throughout Louisiana, however more than half of the crabs in Louisiana are harvested from Lake Pontchartrain and the Terebonne basins. Our fishermen harvest blue crabs year-round with peak catches in the summer months of June, July, and August.
I guess we go from crawdads to blue crabs. What a great country.
Louisiana supports the largest crab production of hard blue crabs in the nation and is the number one supplier of live No. 1 male crabs in the southern states. The blue crab is one of the most popular of the more than 4,500 species of crabs found worldwide.
And then how to eat them. YouTube? The first dozen hits are all out of Maryland. Need to narrow the search. Louisiana?

I think this is something Sophia would enjoy. Maybe not to eat but to help open up.

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site.  Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.

Following (wow, the market's already closed; completely missed that):
  • AAPL: closed up almost $5; up 1.33%; closed at just under $365;
  • PLUG: down about 3% today; okay;
    IMUX: up another 1.2%;

No comments:

Post a Comment