Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Notes From All Over -- The "Give It Up, Judge" Edition -- June 24, 2020

The wall: link here. North Dakota contractor will do the most difficult part of the wall.
The latest contract, valued at $1.3 billion, was awarded to Fisher Industries of Dickinson, North Dakota to build 42 miles of fencing through mountainous areas of Yuma County.
Appellate judge: give it up. Release Flynn from purgatory. Apparently, contrary to what's happening in autonomous zones and around statues, the US is still a "land of laws." I assume the case was dropped on the merits of the case, but the appellate judge acted quickly, I'm sure, because the court was beginning to look like a circus, and the one thing judges can't stand is being compared to clowns.



The grocery list: I just got back from shopping. Coincidentally, midwest reader sent me this flyer from Martin County, Minnesota.
These prices are incredible.

For comparison, I'm paying:
  • $1.49 for a dozen eggs; $1.79 for a dozen super, duper eggs; flyer shows 77 cents for a dozen
  • potato chips way more expensive in our local grocery store
  • I can only imagine what they are being charged in downtown NYC

Sempra Energy announces $2.23 billion sale of Chilean assets.

Seattle bust: another huge business located in Seattle has announced it will move out of state. Buki clothing. Website here. News at The Epoch Times.

Pullback: I was hoping for an opportunity to add to my portfolio, but the 900-point drop in the Dow isn't helping my particular "wish list." I'll have to expand my list. LOL. PLUG is up 16%.

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site.  Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.

No comments:

Post a Comment