Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Saudi Import Figures For August, 2018, Posted -- The Surge Begins -- November 7, 2018

Back on October 1, 2018, I wrote this one liner:
Wrong? I thought I read somewhere that US crude oil imports from Saudi were surging. I must have misread -- link here -- 
Well, look-eee here.... at 1 million bopd, the highest Saudi import number since June of last year (2017). Sometime in the last six months or so the president started putting pressure on Saudi Arabia to open the spigots to prevent a jump in gasoline prices which might impact the midterm elections.

******************************
No Segue

I had more time than usual to listen to CNBC today. I have never heard so much inanity when listening to folks trying to explain the Trump mid-term rally.

Most hilarious: they all said they predicted that the rally. What a bunch of buffoons.

Buffoon: Originally recorded as a rare Scots word for a kind of pantomime dance, the term later (late 16th century) denoted a professional jester, from wiki.

That's about right: professional jesters. 

I need a song. 

As Tears Go By, Marianne Faithful

No comments:

Post a Comment