Sunday, May 20, 2018

Nothing About The Bakken -- Someone Else Said This -- Not Me -- When Asked Whether Trump Has Been A Disaster -- The Reply -- May 20, 2018

In less than 18 months:
  • we can't say this for sure, we won't know for quite some time, but it's possible Trump won two wars and presided over the strongest economy we've ever had
    • ISIS (happened so early in his presidency, folks have already forgotten)
    • the Korean War
  • maybe some success with China on the trade war
  • lowered illegal immigration
  • eliminated, so far, every ISIS/Al Qaeda terrorist act on our soil -- there have been none since he's been president
  • lowered taxes
  • lowered the deficit
  • the temperature of the earth has gone down since he became president
******************************
8,000 New Homeless Shelters Open Across The US Overnight

I was not going post this link but then a reader sent me the link and pointed out something I had missed. Actually, I had not missed it. I simply was not as good as succinctly pointing out the outcome. LOL. The story is everywhere, of course, but I will link the WSJ article, not only because it's the best (I've read on the subject) and I actually responded with a comment. From the linked article:
Starbucks Corp. said Saturday it is creating an official policy that allows all guests to use its cafes, including its restrooms, whether or not they make a purchase.
The policy comes a month after ...
Starbucks baristas and store managers have long found the coffee company’s guidelines on how to treat lingering nonpaying guests vague at best.  

The new policy will apply to its more than 8,000 U.S. company-operated cafes.
Starbucks has 28,000 cafes worldwide.

When I posted a reply comment to the linked article, there were about 128 comments; now there are 644 comments. My comment, by the way, shows how Starbucks has already begun minimizing the "downside."

******************************
Not That It Matters Nor Does Anyone One Care

For the record, I love the Tesla and wish I could afford two plus have the five-car garage with fast-charging stations to go along with the two Tesla models that I would buy.

But I have no idea how the company can survive under the current circumstances and have no idea how any rational analyst can recommend this company for novice investors.

***************************
Disclaimer

This is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, travel, or relationship decisions based on anything you read here or think you may have read here.

*****************************

Diana, Paul Anka

No comments:

Post a Comment