Friday, April 13, 2018

The Market, Energy, And Political Page, T+44 -- April 13, 2018

JP Morgan: earnings fall short of estimates. But profit surges. Overall, profit rose 35% to an all-time high, while revenue was up 10 percent.

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or what you think you may have read here.

Four energy stocks set to surge, Investopedia: HAL, SLB, Anadarko, and CVX.

Screenshots from the past few days, while I was traveling:






***************************************
The History Page

I really, really enjoyed 1421: The Year China Discovered America, Gavin Menzies, c. 2002, see this page. I did not know that Menzies had published a follow-up book -- I found it today at Bookmans in Tucson: 1434: The Year A Magnificent Chinese Fleet Sailed to Italy and Ignited the Renaissance, Gavin Menzies, c. 2007.

I've only just began to read this book. It is about half the size of his first book. So far, based on what little I have read -- this is going to be a very, very interesting book. See also Zheng He.

No comments:

Post a Comment