Friday, April 6, 2018

It Could Be Worse -- Only In The Dakotas -- Why I Love To Blog -- April 6, 2018

A huge thanks to Don alerting me to the current weather conditions in the Bakken.

Disclaimer: I often mis-read charts. If this information is important to you, go to the source.

Link here.

Link here.

Link here.

Unless I'm missing something or mis-reading something, Williston set a new all-time low temperature record this morning, hitting -3 degrees Fahrenheit.


Unless I'm missing something, Williston has never recorded a temperature below 0 degrees on any previous April 6. The previous cold temperature record goes back to 1936 when it still did not go below 0 degrees.


By the way, my dad grew up in Newell, SD, and he still talks about the winter of 1936. He was about 14 years old at the time and remembers riding with his dad on an open horse-drawn cart delivering milk from their cows they had milked earlier that morning.

He remembers his dad (my grandfather) telling him, "it could be worse."  I guess my grandfather was correct. It could be worse. It could be "below zero."

Just to confirm:

No comments:

Post a Comment