Wednesday, November 1, 2017

The Energy And Market Page, T+284 -- November 1, 2017

Updates

Later, 8:54 a.m. Central Time: I'm not paying attention, so I could be wrong on this, but I think all three major indices are trading at new highs. Apparently it's a global rally. Some overseas markets are trading at 20-year highs. One has to ask: what was President Obama doing for eight years? The good news: a lot of folks continued accumulating shares of publicly traded companies at cheap prices during the Obama years? Lots of explanations for what's going on, but looking ahead, a lot of folks are looking ahead two months, eager to add to their IRAs as soon as the new year allows them.

Original Post
Flight risk: some sources suggest Manafort is a flight risk. If so, why did he not take a long European vacation some months ago. Apparently he was not paying attention.

Party time: smart, smart move by Walmart. In-store Christmas parties. Walmart will call them "holiday parties," to remain politically correct, but Fortune actually referenced "Christmas" and even put "Christmas" in the headline, something we probably would not have seen under the previous administration.

Dow futures: what changed between yesterday and Monday? Nothing. Except mutual funds were selling their winners, re-balancing their portfolios on Monday and Tuesday. Now, that their winners are a bit lower, they are buying back in and the stock markets are surging in pre-market trading. Of course, this could all change once President Trump starts tweeting. The good news: former president Obama has no speeches scheduled today. I remember all the days during the previous eight years when the market was surging in early trading, an then President Obama made a speech reminding us how awful the country was. Just saying. My worldview. Probably wrong.

Dodgers take World Series to final game tonight. Great game last night.

WTI: breakout of $55 will confirm $60 midterm -- Minyanville

LNG export terminal projects -- update in one graph:

The Christmas Gift Page

Ink & Paint: The Women of WAlt Disney's Animation
Mindy Johnson
c. 2017

Great, great gift idea for folks with an interest in this sort of thing. This is a huge coffee-table book; beautiful, beautiful photographs. Great bios of the women who brought us so many memories -- those of us who grew up watching "The Wonderful World of Disney" many decades ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment