Saturday, November 4, 2017

Saturday Night Meanderings -- Nothing About The Bakken -- November 4, 2017

 Updates

Later, 8:26 p.m. Central Time: wow, what are the odds? Earlier today I had the opportunity to have my picture taken in front of the #20 car, driven by Eric Jones, in the Xfinity Series, but I did not have my camera, so the photo never got taken. I did get a free beer koozie, but no photo in front of the car. and now, wow ... Eric Jones, #20, wins the first stage of the race out at the Texas Motor Speedway tonight.  If he wins the final stage, I'm going to be really, really miffed.[Update: I'm really miffed.]



Original Post
 
Maybe it already exists. I don't know. I don't have satellite radio. But if I had "all the money in the world," as they say, I would start an ABBA radio station. Nothing but ABBA. ABBA songs. ABBA interviews. ABBA stories. I'm sure the ABBA fan club could provide the station a never-ending litany of ABBA trivia. And, of course, one would allow non-ABBA material if it could "connect" with ABBA in some way, no matter how remote the dots. Just saying.

In my car radio reception area, it seems I can find 53 Hispanic stations and not one: a) classic rock station; b) classic country station; c) classic pop station; d) business station; or, e) all-news station. And never any ABBA.

******************************
Iowa

Mom is in a nursing home in Portland, OR. I wish she was still interested in football. She would have loved the Iowa-Ohio State final score today, 55 -24, or something close. Mom was born and raised in northwest Iowa. She disliked North Dakota a lot (an understatement) but she was like a hen watching over her chickens and she gave up Iowa for her children.

****************************
TCU vs Texas

I really don't care, but the game is just down the road from us in Ft Worth. Okay. But, I'm waiting for the Xfinity race which supposedly starts at 7:30 p.m. Central Time on NBCS, "channel" 31, locally. I have to write this down so I don't forget.

*****************************
Coup

It looks like Saudi Arabian Prince Salman preemptively took out a coup attempt on his "administration." Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia's anti-missile defense took out a Yemen ballistic missile. Yemen has ballistic missiles? Who wudda thought? I wonder where they got them? And where did they find the money?

****************************
We Had A Great Evening Out Last Night
Downtown Grapevine, TX


Location: Main Street Bistro and Bakery

Cocktails
  • Bruce: Old-Fashioned
  • May: Mimosa (2nd choice; they had run out of Apricot Fizz -- if you can believe that)
  • Sophia: what happens in Grapevine, stays in Grapevine
Dinner
  • moules et frites (mussels and french fries) -- our favorite choice in any French restaurant
  • mac and cheese
  • French bread, of course
Dessert
  • Strawberries Romanoff

No comments:

Post a Comment