Sunday, October 15, 2017

Random Note On A Statoil Jennifer Well -- October 14, 2017

I don't know what happened but I received a note over at The Bakken Shale Discussion Group regarding a Statoil Jennifer well. I received the query quite some time ago, but somehow missed it and it did not show up over at the message group (or at least I couldn't find it).

The reader asked about the drilling unit for a particular well.

According to the permit, the well is on a 2560-acre drilling unit. Anyone with mineral acres in section 26 or 27 or 34 or 35 in T156N-R100W will share in royalties from this well (as least as far as I understand things):
  • 33577, SI/NC, Statoil, Jennifer 26-35 XW 1TFH, East Fork, no production data, 
I had originally opined that "XW" suggested to me a "unit line well." I wonder if "XW" doesn't suggest a "2560-acre well" or a "2560-acre overlapping well." 

No comments:

Post a Comment