So, who is this "Liberty Resources"? From the "Bakken Operators" page:
Liberty Resources Management Company, LLC (same company as Liberty Resources II LLC)
- The one permits Liberty Resources II LLC had is PNC (noted October 29, 2017)
- Liberty Resources II LLC has one file permit in North Dakota; all the rest are under Liberty Resources Management (see below)
- January 30, 2014: re-enters the Bakken; 53,000 acres, $455 million; see Liberty Resources LLC above
- About Liberty Resources II LLC
- Liberty Resources II LLC is a Denver-based oil and gas company founded in 2013 and led by Chairman and CEO, Chris Wright, President, Mark Pearson and CFO, Paul Vitek. Liberty was funded through equity investments from funds managed by energy private equity firm, Riverstone Holdings LLC ("Riverstone"), including Riverstone Global Energy and Power Fund V and Riverstone Energy Limited.
- About Riverstone Holdings LLC
- Riverstone is an energy and power-focused private investment firm founded in 2000 by David M. Leuschen and Pierre F. Lapeyre, Jr. with approximately $27 billion of equity capital raised. Riverstone conducts buyout and growth capital investments in the exploration & production, midstream, oilfield services, power and renewable sectors of the energy industry. With offices in New York, London, Houston and Mexico City, the firm has committed approximately $26.1 billion to 108 investments in North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa, and Asia.