Wednesday, June 28, 2017

The Energy And Market Page, Part III, T+159 -- June 28, 2017

The Trump Era? One wonders if after only 159 days in the presidency, one can start to call this the "Trump Era"? Be that as it may. Here's another huge energy story (a "hat tip" to the reader who sent me the link). From LA Biz, a new study projects 2 million more gas related jobs by 2040.

Where's Waldo? I can find a gazillion stories on solar and wind energy if I got to sites specific for intermittent energy. However, if one follows business news in general and/or energy news in general, it appears that oil and natural gas stories literally swamp the number of stories related to solar and wind. In fact, I haven't seen a single intermittent energy story today in any of the sites I've visited today. Even CNBC hasn't had one story on solar/wind energy today, but a lot of stories on oil. My hunch is that this would not be true if Hillary were president.

The market: there's a huge rally in the stock market -- across all three indices, and yet, there are only 86 new highs on the NYSE suggesting that ... well, I don't know what it suggests -- but, here are some tickers symbols that caught my eye on the "new highs list: BK -- whoo-hoo; CNI; CP; GBX (Greenbrier); TSO.
  • Dow 30: up 157
  • S&P 500: up 21
  • Nasdaq: 74

No comments:

Post a Comment