Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Bakken Economy: Watford City Latest To Join Craft Brewery Business -- April 25, 2017

Huge spelling error in the headline at the link -- one too many tastings while doing the story? On the menu:
  • the Heartless, a blond ale
  • the Maah Daah Ha, an IPA
Website here.

**********************************
Fracking Isn't Contaminating Groundwater -- Study

Link here. Data points:
  • studied groundwater in northwestern West Virginia
  • peer-reviewed European journal
  • no indication of groundwater contamination over the three-year course of the study
  • but surface could be contaminated by above-ground spills 
****************************** 
Back To The Routine

I returned home (Grapevine, TX) from a full week in Portland. Great trip all around. Except for two craft beers in Portland, no other beer or spirits. I guess among everything else it can count as a de-tox trip. Sort of. LOL.

It was also a full week of no television. I stayed with our younger daughter. She and her husband have not one television in their home. It mostly has to do with the cost of cable. I did not miss television, not even the sports. I happened to catch bits of NBA championship playoff games when out for the evening.

Last night, upon return, I did turn on our television to see what TCM was showing: The Way We Were. I had seen it long, long ago, but didn't recall much of it. Great, great story line. Not much chemistry between Robert Redford and Barbara Streisand. The scenes of them in California were "over-the-top" -- not really believable. Glad I saw it but I can see why the movie received Oscars only for music, I believe. But it was a huge year for movies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment