Thursday, December 29, 2016

TGIF -- Last Friday Of 2016 -- December 30, 2016

This is pretty cool. Last week I noted a "$1 billion science project" okayed for Montana: a water reservoir that will be used to "store" wind-generated electricity when the wind is not blowing. Over at OutrumChange.com one can see how much this will cost utility customers. Great analysis.

Something I had not thought about when posting the original story: one would assume the reservoir will freeze during much of the winter. And I guess that's why it's a science project.

***************************
Can't Make This Stuff Up

Why does this not surprise me? Headline over at Yahoo!Finance: Arkansas tight end suspended for Belk Bowl for shoplifting from Belk store. 

*******************************
Working Hard To Make A Mountain Out Of This Molehill

Following the election, I went back to watching television for the first time in years. I actually set the alarm to watch MSNBC "Morning Joe" and enjoyed the analysis. But after several weeks, I have grown tired of it. I now remember why I quit watching MSNBC in the first place. So, I switched to watching CNBC "Squawk Box." This morning Joe's opening discussion was on the White House response to "Russian Spygate - 2016."

Maybe it was just me but it certainly seemed like they were trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Russian diplomats spying in the US?! Tell me it ain't so! The White House response: "Russian diplomats are to leave immediately. The Russian compounds are closed until further notice. Clear the US immediately."

Where have I heard that before?  "Everybody is to leave here immediately. This cafe is closed until further notice. Clear the room at once."


I'm shocked, I'm shocked to find out Russian diplomats were hacking US e-mail. -- President Obama.

Why does one get the feeling that the President was watching Casablanca while on vacation?

The market's reaction? Yesterday immediately following the breathless announcement of US retaliation, the market did not even react.

Today, futures are up significantly.

Oh, I digressed. After watching MSNBC and CNBC for the past several weeks, I've now seen enough. I no longer watch "Morning Joe" (which means I don't watch MSNBC any more) and my tuning into "Squawk Box" will probably only happen when I can't sleep.

TGIF.

Meanwhile, via Twitter, Putin is sending a jet plane to pick up those 35 spies diplomats. Yes, you know where this is going:

Leaving On A Jet Plane, Peter, Paul, and Mary

******************************
Back To The Bakken

Active rigs:


12/30/201612/30/201512/30/201412/30/201312/30/2012
Active Rigs3961170187187

RBN Energy: top 10 RBN Energy posts for the past year.

No comments:

Post a Comment