Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Gasoline Demand Sets Record For Second Week In June -- June 15, 2016

Updates

Later, 9:03 p.m. Central Time: see first comment. The reader is exactly correct; I'm wrong. I guess I was referring to the "rate of change" and it didn't seem the rate of growth in gasoline demand was accelerating all that much. I was getting ahead of my headlights, thinking that growth was going to accelerate based on past data.

With regard to "in line with previous year" -- I was looking at the delta between last year's demand and this year's demand and the change over time. It seemed the gap seemed about the same.

Anyway, the reader is "more correct" than I am.

To make it easier to get to, here's the link that the reader noted:
http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=WGFUPUS2&f=W (at the link, scroll to the bottom of the spreadsheet) in which it was noted that a new record has been set for the second week of June for gasoline demand. 

I suppose I should re-title the subject line, but then it would get confusing what I'm talking about so I will leave things as they are and let folks check out the various links on their own.  No, on second thought, I'm going to change the heading.....

A huge "thank you" to the reader for noting the new record and wondering what the heck I was missing.

Original Post
 
Link here. When you get to the link, scroll to the very bottom to see gasoline demand.

No comments:

Post a Comment