Friday, August 14, 2015

A Reader Asks About Royalties -- August 14, 2015

Updates

Later, 11:02 p.m.: another reader writes --
I know my father has not received royalties on wells within 2 drilling units along the river for the past several months. Apparently, some issue with the State regarding the high water mark. The royalties are from one of the top five. (The one based in Norway).
Original Post
From the discussion group:
Anyone having trouble with royalty payment in the month of August 2015?  Everything was fine up until this month.  The company is in the top 5.
I'm sure folks who might want to make suggestions would be curious what you've done so far to contact the company.

Two quick comments (I don't have any mineral rights, so I don't have personal experience, but) based on comments I'm seen from other readers regarding royalties:
  • First, don't bother to write a letter or even phone the company. Fax them your concern.
  • Second, it is my understanding that if the amount payable is under a certain threshold, the operator does not have to pay it that month. The operator can wait "x" number of months until the threshold for the minimum payment is reached.  
***************************
Putting Together New Patio Furniture

Putting the legs on:


Quality control; checking the finished chairs:


Job well done:

No comments:

Post a Comment