Saturday, June 14, 2014

Random Note On American Eagle Operations In Far Northwest Corner Of North Dakota -- Happy Father's Day

I haven't linked articles from Petroleum News in quite some time, and now, all of a sudden, two different readers have each sent me an article from the Petroleum News. I linked the first one earlier; this is the second one.

Petroleum News is reporting that American Eagle is puzzled by a Three Forks well on the MT/ND border as other operators begin operations within Divide County:
An unusually high water cut and some chemical emulsion issues have brought fluctuating oil rates for American Eagle’s test well in Flat Lake East field along the North Dakota and Montana border in northwest Divide County.
The Haugen well, which targets the Three Forks formation, gained much of the attention in a May 14 first quarter conference call with analysts. The well has produced 60 to 192 barrels of oil estimated per day, boepd, so the company is still evaluating the well to determine the how much of a prospect the Three Forks really is along that western edge.
“There is nothing unusual about the proppant flowback,” said Tom Lantz, American Eagle’s chief operating officer. “So the only distinction out there is the water salinities are slightly higher, about 10 percent higher than other parts of the field. But we’re doing some further analysis on that and will find out how significant that is and how much that’s affecting oil fluctuations.”
American Eagle found the upper Three Forks to be slightly thicker than expected, but said it still looks very similar to what the company has seen on other wells, giving no indication of why it should be showing production fluctuations. Lantz said the company will review additional rock samples to see if there is a change in mineralogy that would explain the emulsion problem. 
Much, much more at the linked article.

The Haugen well they are talking about:
  • 27128, conf, American Eagle Energy Corporation, Haugen 15-12-163-103, Flat Lake East, a Three Forks well, confidential, but the well reported "runs" of 1,351 bbls of oil in April, 2014, the first month production was reported.
****************************
A Note to the Granddaughters

In early July, we plan to take a cross-country trip with the two granddaughters from Dallas to Los Angeles with a side-trip to the Grand Canyon.

I am starting to get my summer library ready for the road trip. I've been looking at the 2014 hard-cover, Supreme City: How Jazz Age Manhattan Gave Birth to Modern America for several days now and finally decided to buy it at Barnes and Noble this evening. I was on my bike and my backpack was already quite full with the laptop computer but I had room for this very, very thick book (760 pages including index). And then, on the spur of the moment, as they say, I also bought the 2012 soft-cover The Plantagenets: The Warrior Kings and Queens Who Made England, by Dan Jones. The backpack was very, very heavy on the five-mile ride home but it as worth it.

Ever since my years in England, particularly the later trips, I have been fascinated by British history. If I don't read British history on a regular basis, I forget it, so I get quite excited when a new history comes out, especially a history written by someone other than Alison Weir who seems to have cornered the cottage industry on writing about British royalty.

On the other hand, I have had very, very little experience with New York City. I have spent very little time in New York City, perhaps measured in days, maybe weeks, but not even a full month over the course of my 60+ years of life. However, ever since the summer I spent in a suburb of New York City across the river in New Jersey, there is a special place in my heart for that city. I look forward to this book.

2 comments:

  1. And the same HAPPY FATHERS DAY to you for your dedication to your family, your country and your passion.

    ReplyDelete