Sunday, November 3, 2013

Wow! I'm Just Getting Started And I Have To Leave In A Few Minutes ...

... for a swimming meet that the granddaughters are competing in.

Bummer.

Too much to report, too much to blog, and I'm just getting started. I haven't even seen the Sunday paper yet. (Actually, incorrect. I have seen it. In fact, I bought a Sunday paper for my wife, but I have not read it yet.)

Wow, I love to blog. I have another site in which I try to remember the halcyon days of northern England, specifically Yorkshire where the US Air Force sent me for weeks on end many years ago. Tough assignment. I must have walked every square mile of that huge county. I know it well. I lived and walked and breathed the Yorkshire Dales.

Sweet memories were brought back when I read this article sent to me by a reader (and linked at the sidebar at the right, by the way): Leave California now, while you still have the chance.

In that article, this paragraph:
Actually, Europe has been there for some time now. In England’s Yorkshire Dales, they’re tearing down four wind turbines that have been around for twenty years and “have not worked in years.” Indeed, across Europe there is a lot of buyer’s remorse for having embraced wind and solar. As Marc Morano, the editor of ClimateDepot.com, noted in an October 17 article, “Wind and solar mandates are breaking Europe’s electric utilities.”
Here's the link to one of my posts on the Yorkshire Dales

No comments:

Post a Comment