Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Herding Cows

Every once in awhile, y'all need to take a minute to relax and read "Meanwhile, back at the ranch...."

Actually, you don't even have to read if you don't want to, just listen to an iTune or a YouTube song in another window and look at photographs taken at the Veeder ranch in western North Dakota.
The Veeder Ranch is a 3,000 acre cattle ranch located on the edge of the badlands in Western North Dakota. Much more than the beautifully rustic land itself, it is where my great grandfather came to create a living and raise a family and it is where I grew up singing and writing music and riding horses and learning to appreciate nature and family and space.
Today's offering: a recipe for time.

I once tried, with no horse, to get six cows back into a pen. It cannot be done. Of course, even with a horse I doubt I could have done it, unless the horse was smarter than I at herding cattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment