Friday, April 26, 2013

2012 - 2013 Proposed Energy Corridor For The United States

At CleanEnergy

A Note To The Granddaughters

I always loved maps as a kid and the map at the link has me really excited. One just feels that the United States is the tipping point of a huge manufacturing burst due to the advantage we hold over Europe and Asia. It appears that no matter how hard the administration and activists try to slow the growth of the United States, America's growth will continue. Although the GDP was not great this morning, going from 0.4 percent to 2.5% is huge.

One could argue that there might be a "snowball rolling downhill" effect as each day passes and we get closer to the next presidential election. I'm not thinking of any actual policy changes, or changes coming out of Washington, but just a feeling of anticipation, excitement.

I assume that it is very much like the anticipation, enthusiasm that 47% (maybe more) of Americans felt when George W. Bush's second term was coming to an end. Right, wrong, or indifferent, many Americans were looking for a change. I think that the same anticipation and excitement will start to become more evident going forward. Even members of his own party, contemplating running for presidency probably understand Americans like "morning in America" speeches better than the "malaise in America" speeches, and that enthusiasm is infectious.

With OPEC no longer holding America hostage and cheap energy to boot, we certainly could be at a tipping point.

Or maybe I'm simply in a hyper-manic stage 'cause I'm back in Texas.

Which reminds me. I think I saw a headline over at Drudge linking Peggy Noonan. Here it is: the Obama fatigue factor, at the Wall Street Journal. I have not read the article, except what I saw in the first sentence while putting up the link, but my hunch is that her thoughts and my thoughts complement each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment