Friday, August 3, 2012

Hubris

Last time I looked, Nexen was a Canadian company.

Another word: chutzpah.

In case the link is broken:
Rep. Ed Markey (D-Mass.) has joined Sen. Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) in calling for the United States to issue a conditional block CNOOC's proposed acquisition of Canada-based Nexen, The Wall Street Journal reported Monday.

Markey said that Nexen has drilled for oil in the U.S. without paying royalties and that, if the merger proceeded, would result in a "massive transfer of wealth" to China at the expense of the American taxpayer, the Wall Street Journal reported.
I assume CNBC interviewed Chuck with regard to this. Wow, I'm glad I haven't watched television in several weeks now. Stories like this make me happy to see Congress go on vacation for five weeks. Wow, five weeks vacation. If only.

No comments:

Post a Comment