Monday, May 21, 2012

Random Comment on TNT

Wow, the Oklahoma City Thunder - Los Angeles Lakers was a great game tonight and a great series overall.

I'm not a big basketball fan until the playoffs. With Phil Jackson having graduated from Williston High School, I enjoyed following the Chicago Bulls and the Los Angeles Lakers for many, many seasons. I spent the last seven years of my Air Force career in San Antonio and couldn't help but become a Spurs fan. I have a personal connection with Oklahoma City but that could be a story for another time, so I've enjoyed the playoffs so far this season and look forward to the finals.

But I write all that to lead into this: I am absolutely amazed how TNT seems to have come out of nowhere to be my favorite station. I no longer watch the "majors" (CBS, NBC, ABC, or FOX) -- I can't remember when I last watched something on the major networks, except NASCAR on FOX and an occasional third or fourth round of a golf tournament. But TNT has really found quite a niche, a niche that I enjoy.

I find it incredible that (apparently) the entire Oklahoma City Thunder - San Antonio Spurs series will be on TNT.

2 comments:

  1. Aubrey and the group have built a pretty good team fast. Impressive.

    Anon 1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/columns/story?id=5150492

      Life, death, friendship, determination, family ...

      Delete