Monday, May 28, 2012

New Poll: Which Company Would You Like to Drill Your Well?

Results of the most recent poll: with regard to the news that Enbridge will reverse the Seaway, slightly more than 60% felt this was good news for "WTI/Bakken."  Twenty percent said it would have no effect; and slightly less than 20 percent said they did not know what the reversal was all about when they voted. In other words, folks who knew about the Seaway reversal thought this was good for WTI/Bakken -- overwhelmingly so.

The reversal has hardly begun, but to the best of my knowledge, there has not yet been much change, but it's probably too early to judge. We'll check back on this in six months or so, if I remember.

I am really excited about the new poll. Whether or not you own mineral rights, I'm curious about this: if you had mineral rights to lease, which company would you prefer to drill "your" well? There are some "nuances" here -- it's not as straightforward as one might think.

6 comments:

  1. I own a small interest,with Slawson as the operator.If I had my choice,it would be Whiting.They are aggressive,busy,and they seem to get the most out of their wells.So impressed with them,I bought stock in the company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been very, very impressed with Whiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In one poetic phrase, HESS does not IMPRESS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have small interest with Brigham and EOG as operators.
    I voted Brigham, but Whiting would be a close 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1 Whiting
    2 Brigham
    3 Kodiak
    4 Oasis

    ....you know...guys that are beyond the learning curve

    ReplyDelete