Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Fifteen (15) New Permits -- The Williston Basin, North Dakota, USA

Daily activity report, February 15, 2012 --

Let's see -- there were 14 new permits on the 14th of February, now 15 new permits on the 15th.

I can hardly wait for the 29th of February.

Operators: CLR (6), Dakota-3 (3), Samson Resources (2), Oasis, Fidelity, Whiting, Slawson

Fields: Banks, Ellsworth, Juno, Camp, Sanish, Moccasin Creek, Cedar Coulee, and Saxon

Fifteen new permits and no wildcats. Interesting.

One well on DRL status reported an IP:
  • 20318, 727, SM Energy, Leiseth 16-13H, McKenzie, Bakken,
Ten wells were reported as plugged or producing (in the Bakken, they will all be producers. There are "no" dry holes in the Bakken).

Hess canceled a brand new permit:
  • 22308, Hess, MC-Sickler 144-95-1423H-1PNC, Dunn County.

2 comments:

  1. Bruce my son and I are driving to Williston, ND as of Feb. 20, 2011 he is 18 years of old and a hard worker and we both need a change, with work and life? I know all about housing being hard too find, do you think we should think we are too find a job?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly have no idea whether you have the skills needed by companies operating in the Bakken. I would definitely have housing plans, motel reservation, something in place before you arrive in Williston. It's possible housing issues have improved somewhat since I was last there but my hunch is it is still very tight and very expensive.

      Delete