Monday, October 10, 2011

CORRECTION -- CORRECTION -- CORRECTION --Bakken, North Dakota, USA

Remember my post last Friday linking a story in which Lynn Helms said North Dakota could be producing 800,000 bopd by the end of the year (2011)?

I am being told (see first comment at that link) that Mr Helms was misquoted, and that he said, "800,000 bopd by the end of 2015."  That makes a lot more sense and has been the story line for the past year.

I kept running the numbers to get from 400,000 to 800,000 and thought maybe, but I should have been more suspicious ...

I apologize if I startled anyone (and I assume I did).

That's why I try to link all my stories.

However, one thing that was also in the comment from Mike (see link/comment above) was the suggestion that there will be 225 - 250 rigs by the end of the (year). I had heard the same suggestion last week but did not post it because a) the trend has been going the other way; b) the counties are stressed; and, c) I only heard it from one other source. But now that two folks have heard it (and not from each other), I will post it.

But again, sorry about the 800,000 bopd by the end of the year. That story was in the Dickinson Press and the on-line story has not been corrected.

No comments:

Post a Comment