Sunday, June 5, 2011

Photos: Taking Down a Big Rig -- Bakken, North Dakota, USA

I need to do a better job of noting information about the photos of wells I take. This is a photo of Nabors rig 476.





Based on minimal data provided by NDIC (the well is on confidential status), I believe the well is a SM Energy well, permit 20485, Barnes 2-2H, in the Indian Hill oil field, southwest of Williston, just across the Missouri River. According to NDIC, the start date for this well was May 6, 2011, and because it has a start date and not "MIRU" -- moving in, rigging up -- I assume the well has been drilled. I could be wrong.

Regardless, it's a nice picture of a big rig in the process of coming down or going up. According to the NDIC, this rig is scheduled to move to the "Lyseth" well next. There is no "Lyseth" well, but there are two "Leiseth" wells next to each other in Tobacco Garden, also south of the river, and SM permits. Both of these are on confidential status, so I don't know if these are the "Lyseth" wells, but it all seems to fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment