Sunday, February 20, 2011

Checklist for Oil and Gas Leases

Because I know a lot of folks won't read the comments that are sent to me, I am posting this link which might be of value to some folks.

This is a checklist for those looking to sign an oil and/or gas lease: http://www.tlma.org/oilgasleasechecklist.pdf.

It was sent to me by a reader who was alerted to a conversation regarding a "180-day drilling clause." (If interested, see comments at this link.)

Note: as mentioned several times on this site, I own no mineral rights, and I have never signed or been involved with a mineral lease, so I cannot comment on the merits of the checklist, except to say, it looks pretty good to me. Smile.

This link will be posted at the "Mineral Rights" tab at the top of the blog.

By the way, the "Mineral Rights" tab includes some nice links for those interested in leasing. For example, the state of North Dakota provides a fairly comprehensive document on just this subject: https://www.dmr.nd.gov/oilgas/leasingconsiderations.pdf.

No comments:

Post a Comment