Monday, January 10, 2011

Synthetic Proppants: Another North Dakota Opportunity?

On two occasions in the past I posted short blurbs and links to Carbo Ceramics (CRR) -- major provider of proppants for hydraulic fracking. The first post was back in August, 2010A subsequent post was in October, 2010.

When I was first alerted to CRR (not CCR -- that's a great musical group), I said to myself I need to do a full stand-alone post on proppants.

I let it slip and the story got ahead of me. I apologize.

The folks over on the Bakken Shale Discussion Board posted this today: a worldwide supply crunch of proppants. It's a Bloomberg.com article with a Bismarck, ND, byline.

The natural question was whether North Dakota could manufacture proppants, after all they are being manufactured in Illinois and Texas.

Coincidentally, this article appeared in this month's issue of Geo News by Fred J. Anderson. Again, a big thank you to someone else who saw it and forwarded it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment